all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* smtpmail-send-queued-mail fails with error 504 5.5.2
@ 2024-01-21 18:01 rameiko87
From: rameiko87 @ 2024-01-21 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

Could you please kindly help me with this? When I have
smtpmail-queue-mail set to nil, sending emails works beautifully. I then
change smtpmail-queue-mail to t: then the text of the email is saved in
my queued email folder together with another file specifying the value
of smtpmail-recipient-address-list (it contains the same address as in
the To: header of my message). When I invoke smtpmail-send-queued-mail I
get the following error:

Sending failed: 504 5.5.2 <usernameofmymachine@fedora>: Sender address
rejected: need fully-qualified address

The strange thing is that usernameofmymachine@fedora would be the
default address to appear in the From: header of C-x m, but
1. I set the variable message-user-fqdn (and it's different from
"fedora"), so actually when I press C-x m I have
usernameofmymachine@message-user-fqdn which is already different from
usernameofmymachine@fedora
2. Before sending (that is to say, queuing), I do change the From: to my
email address, and it appears correctly on the text file saved in the
queued folder!

By the way, smtpmail-store-queue-variables is nil.

Please, help! Thanks so much.