all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* "Fontifying...done"
@ 2004-06-29  5:10 Karl Eichwalder
       [not found] ` <cbrbej$oi0$1@news1.wdf.sap-ag.de>
From: Karl Eichwalder @ 2004-06-29  5:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

The "Fontifying...done" message does more harm than good: it often force
me to lookup messages I am interested in in the *Messages* buffer...  Is
there a simple way to disable it?

--
                                                         |      ,__o
                                                         |    _-\_<,
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |   (*)/'(*)

* Re: "Fontifying...done"
       [not found] ` <cbrbej$oi0$1@news1.wdf.sap-ag.de>
@ 2004-06-30  4:56   ` Karl Eichwalder
From: Karl Eichwalder @ 2004-06-30  4:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Klaus Straubinger <KSNetz@UseNet.ArcorNews.DE> writes:

> | font-lock-verbose's value is 0
> |
> | Documentation:
> | *If non-nil, means show status messages for buffer fontification.
> | If a number, only buffers greater than this size have fontification messages.
> |
> | You can customize this variable.
> |
> | Defined in `font-lock'.

Unfortunately, it does not work for me.  The default on my system seems
to be nil.  I also set the variable to other value, but I cannot make
Emacs shut up.  I tried:

    M-x set-variable RET font-lock-verbose RET 100000 RET

--
                                                         |      ,__o
                                                         |    _-\_<,
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |   (*)/'(*)

* Re: "Fontifying...done"
@ 2004-07-01  8:40     ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2004-07-01  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

 Karl> Klaus Straubinger <KSNetz@UseNet.ArcorNews.DE> writes:
 >> | font-lock-verbose's value is 0
 >> |
 >> | Documentation: | *If non-nil, means show status messages for
 >> buffer fontification.  | If a number, only buffers greater than
 >> this size have fontification messages.
 >> |
 >> | You can customize this variable.
 >> |
 >> | Defined in `font-lock'.

 Karl> Unfortunately, it does not work for me.  The default on my
 Karl> system seems to be nil.  I also set the variable to other
 Karl> value, but I cannot make Emacs shut up.  I tried:

 Karl>     M-x set-variable RET font-lock-verbose RET 100000 RET

 Karl> -- | ,__o | _-\_<, http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/ | (*)/'(*)

I find I get the "fontifying...." message all the time when running
html-helper-mode and have not found a way of getting rid of it. I also
have the variable mentioned above set to nil. I have not checked
html-helper-mode load hooks etc to see if perhaps it is setting the
variable directly, nor have I checked the variable's value while
within an html-helper-mode buffer (maybe I should be using lazy-user-mode!).

I don't get this problem with any other mode, which is why I suspect
its something the mode is setting itself.

Tim
--
Tim Cross

* Re: "Fontifying...done"