Urs Thuermann writes: > I sometimes get into the following situation: I open a file, make > some changes, then I want to see the changes before saving the file. > The best way to do this seems to be to set the region to the whole > buffer, write the region to some temporary file, and run diff on the > two files. But I find this very unconvenient. > > I'd like to have a function in emacs which can be applied to a buffer, > say buffer A, that opens a new buffer displaying all the changes > between the buffer A and the disk file, opened in buffer A. I think what you want is M-x diff-buffer-with-file RET RET -- /!\ My mail address changed, please update your files accordingly. | Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac | Would someone please DTRT with this, | | Epita/LRDE Promo 2007 | then ACK? | | http://michael.cadilhac.name | -- Richard Stallman | `-- - JID: micha@amessage.be --' - --'