all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Colours of faces
@ 2007-05-03 15:13 Sebastian Tennant
From: Sebastian Tennant @ 2007-05-03 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Belated International Worker's Day to all.

Certain colours just don't really work on certain monitors/screens.
Rather than change the colour of every face in every mode, I'm
wondering if there is way of mapping colour names to other colours, so
that all faces with the attribute ':foreground blue' (which is too
dark on the console) appear cyan instead?

An alternative solution would be to force any face with ':foreground
blue' to be rendered bold.

Just an idea.  Any suggestions much appreciated.

Sebastian

* Re: Colours of faces
@ 2007-05-03 18:42 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-05-03 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Tennant; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 03.05.2007 um 17:13 schrieb Sebastian Tennant:

> Just an idea.  Any suggestions much appreciated.

You could change the console's background.

You could edit X11's rgb.txt file that blue is cyan, red pink, and ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

Some day we may discover how to make magnets that can point in any
direction.

* Re: Colours of faces
@ 2007-05-03 20:39   ` Sebastian Tennant
From: Sebastian Tennant @ 2007-05-03 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Quoth Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE>:
>> Just an idea.  Any suggestions much appreciated.

> You could change the console's background.

A little difficult on the text console (where I often like to work).

> You could edit X11's rgb.txt file that blue is cyan, red pink, and ...

Hmm.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll look into it.

Sebastian