all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* changing font
@ 2005-08-21 21:06 Masrur Hossain
From: Masrur Hossain @ 2005-08-21 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi guys
        I am trying to change fonts in a file from lowercase/uppercase
mixed font to all uppercase.

I tried google search but couldn't find it.

thanks for help

Masrur

* Re: changing font
@ 2005-08-21 21:15 ` Matthieu Moy
       [not found] ` <mailman.4525.1124660399.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Matthieu Moy @ 2005-08-21 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Masrur Hossain <masrur@invl.com> writes:

> Hi guys
>         I am trying to change fonts in a file from lowercase/uppercase
>         mixed font to all uppercase.

M-u
(friend of M-c and M-l)

--
Matthieu

* Re: changing font
@ 2005-08-21 21:22   ` Masrur Hossain
From: Masrur Hossain @ 2005-08-21 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matthieu Moy wrote:
> Masrur Hossain <masrur@invl.com> writes:
>

>>Hi guys
>>        I am trying to change fonts in a file from lowercase/uppercase
>>        mixed font to all uppercase.
>

> M-u
> (friend of M-c and M-l)

Hi Matthieu
            Thanks for the quick reply. Apparently that only changes the
next word. Trying to change all fonts in a file.

thanks

* Re: changing font
@ 2005-08-21 21:28 ` Eli Zaretskii
       [not found] ` <mailman.4525.1124660399.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2005-08-21 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: Masrur Hossain <masrur@invl.com>
> Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 21:06:33 GMT
>
>         I am trying to change fonts in a file from lowercase/uppercase
> mixed font to all uppercase.

Is "C-x h C-x C-u" what you want?  ("C-x h" marks the whole buffer and
"C-x C-u" upcases the marked region.  It's in the manual, btw.)

> I tried google search but couldn't find it.

Try the manual search instead:

  "C-h i d m emacs RET i upcase RET"

* Re: changing font
@ 2005-08-21 21:34     ` Michael Cadilhac
From: Michael Cadilhac @ 2005-08-21 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Masrur Hossain <masrur@invl.com> writes:

> Matthieu Moy wrote:
>> Masrur Hossain <masrur@invl.com> writes:
>>
>>>Hi guys
>>>        I am trying to change fonts in a file from lowercase/uppercase
>>>        mixed font to all uppercase.
>> M-u
>> (friend of M-c and M-l)
>>

> Hi Matthieu
>             Thanks for the quick reply. Apparently that only changes
>             the next word. Trying to change all fonts in a file.
>
> thanks

  M-: (upcase-region (point-min) (point-max)) RET

  Try to help yourself with some C-h before :-)

--
    Michael Cadilhac, a.k.a. Micha [mika] |
                    Epita/LRDE promo 2007 |  Please note that you should

* Re: changing font
@ 2005-08-21 21:43     ` Matthieu Moy
From: Matthieu Moy @ 2005-08-21 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Masrur Hossain <masrur@invl.com> writes:

> Hi Matthieu
>             Thanks for the quick reply. Apparently that only changes
>             the next word. Trying to change all fonts in a file.

I'll let it as an exercice.

C-h k M-u will give you the name of the command so that you know which
keyword is relevant.

M-x apropos RET will give you the list of commands containing the
keyword you found above.

C-h w the-command-you-found RET will even give you a keybinding for
that.

Hints: The command you're looking also contains "region", and the way
to select a full buffer is C-x h.

--
Matthieu

* Re: changing font
       [not found] ` <mailman.4525.1124660399.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-08-21 21:47   ` Masrur Hossain
From: Masrur Hossain @ 2005-08-21 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>From: Masrur Hossain <masrur@invl.com>
>>Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 21:06:33 GMT
>>
>>        I am trying to change fonts in a file from lowercase/uppercase
>>mixed font to all uppercase.
>

> Is "C-x h C-x C-u" what you want?  ("C-x h" marks the whole buffer and
> "C-x C-u" upcases the marked region.  It's in the manual, btw.)
>

>>I tried google search but couldn't find it.
>

> Try the manual search instead:
>
>   "C-h i d m emacs RET i upcase RET"

Thanks a lot Eli
                 I wanted exactly that.

cheers

* Re: changing font
@ 2005-08-21 21:54     ` Jochen Küpper
From: Jochen Küpper @ 2005-08-21 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

,----[ C-h f upcase-word RET ]
| upcase-word is an interactive built-in function in `C source code'.
| It is bound to M-u.
| (upcase-word ARG)
|
| Convert following word (or ARG words) to upper case, moving over.
| With negative argument, convert previous words but do not move.
| See also `capitalize-word'.
|
| [back]
`----
So probably C-u 9999999 M-u or similar should do what you want.

You could have found out that M-u is actually running upcase-word via
C-h b. The C-h f upcase-word gives the above documentation. Or better
yet, read the manual somewhat.

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)

* Changing font
@ 2007-05-18 19:21 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-05-18 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

i'm using this bunch of defuns for a long time now and i think it might
comes in handy for others.  It allows you to quickly change the font
markers around the selected text.

I'm using "C-c f [key]" rather than the more expected "C-c C-f [key]"
(see latex-mode) because "C-c C-f" is already taken by outline-mode.

(org-defkey org-mode-map "\C-cfb" 'my-org-change-font-bold)
(org-defkey org-mode-map "\C-cfe" 'my-org-change-font-emphasis)
(org-defkey org-mode-map "\C-cfu" 'my-org-change-font-underline)
(org-defkey org-mode-map "\C-cft" 'my-org-change-font-truetype)
(org-defkey org-mode-map "\C-cfn" 'my-org-change-font-normal)

(defun my-org-change-font (tagbeg tagend)
  "Insert TAGBEG and TAGEND at the beginning/end of a region."
  (let* ((beg (if (org-region-active-p) (mark) (point)))
	 (end (point)) (temp beg) (spcs '(?* ?= ?_ ?/)))
    (when (< end beg) (setq beg end end temp))
    (goto-char beg)
    (while (memq (char-before (point)) spcs)
      (delete-char -1)
      (setq end (1- end)))
    (insert tagbeg)
    (goto-char (+ (length tagbeg) end))