all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Sync problems in -nw mode over ssh and screen
@ 2007-09-26 18:51 Gaute Amundsen
From: Gaute Amundsen @ 2007-09-26 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi.

I'm having this really annoying problem when using emacs -nw over an ssh
connection with gnu screen.
To me it seems to be related to screen updates.
Basically the cursor and the point where text is actually written or
deleted sometimes comes out of sync. A C^l seems to fix it temporarily.
Outside of screen it seems to work fine.
And vim over the same screen session has no problems.

Due to screens generic name, googling, has turned up nothing so far.

Any hints on where to begin? Anyone else experience this kind of thing?

Gaute

* Re: Sync problems in -nw mode over ssh and screen
@ 2007-09-27  2:45 ` Eric Hanchrow
From: Eric Hanchrow @ 2007-09-27  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

    Gaute> Anyone else experience this kind of thing?

That happens to me, too.  I know one workaround: I type C-a c to
create a new screen session, and then immediately hit C-d to kill it;
that seems to get things back in sync, at least for a little while.

And it's _possible_ that this only happens with older versions of
"screen".  (I am pretty sure that n unrelated problem exists in old
versions, but not in newer versions, namely: backspace and delete are
mixed up, forcing me to do M-x normal-erase-is-backspace-mode)

--
I'd like to see Rush Limbaugh tell Omar he can't get
married.