So far I'm satisfied with this feature because it implements the intuitive and natural behavior expected from the modern tab bar. As for details of the implementation, it currently depends on the availability of the external program `convert' used to render the tab bar elements. I hope it could be replaced with a separate bar similar to the tool-bar. I think we should do this as soon as possible because this single feature can improve Emacs usability for most users that expect a tab bar is a standard editor feature.