Miles Bader writes: > Incidentally, while on the issue of debian emacs startup, I have the > following snippet in my .emacs file for hooking my non-debian emacs > into the debian emacs package system: > > ;; Debian stuff > (unless (boundp 'debian-emacs-flavor) > (load "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup") > (debian-startup 'emacs22) > (debian-startup 'emacs22)) > > ["emacs22" because there is no emacs23 in debian yet] Here's my setup. The first attachment is a script to run in the emacs source directory as root after doing "./configure ; make". It depends on a fake emacs-snapshot package built using equivs. The second attachment is an init file that handles all the Debian stuff, including a rewrite of `debian-run-directories' to make its modifications to load-path less intrusive.