all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Makefile.in lacks arch-tags?
@ 2008-12-27 10:14 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2008-12-27 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miles Bader; +Cc: emacs-devel

Out of curiosity: why do all the Makefile.in files lack the arch-tag
cookie?  I thought all the files in the repository should have them,
no?

* Re: Makefile.in lacks arch-tags?
@ 2008-12-27 15:57 ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2008-12-27 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
> Out of curiosity: why do all the Makefile.in files lack the arch-tag
> cookie?  I thought all the files in the repository should have them,
> no?

Arch can keep the tag info externally, though it is slightly useful.

In the case of Makefile.in, there's no good comment syntax to use ("#"
comments are not stripped during processing), so the external form is
used.

-Miles

--
Consult, v.i. To seek another's disapproval of a course already decided on.