all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#9062: 24.0.50; Lispref Extent node mentions lack of closures
@ 2011-07-12 13:06 Michael Welsh Duggan
From: Michael Welsh Duggan @ 2011-07-12 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9062

In the Extent section of variables.texi, you can find the following:

@cindex closures not available
  Some Lisp dialects have ``closures,'' objects that are like functions
but record additional variable bindings.  Emacs Lisp does not have
closures.

This is no longer correct.  Also, it would be nice to add a
 @cindex closures
to the Lexical Binding node.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.4)
 of 2011-07-06 on maru
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11002902
configured using `configure  '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--enable-maintainer-mode''

--
Michael Welsh Duggan
(md5i@md5i.com)

* bug#9062: 24.0.50; Lispref Extent node mentions lack of closures
@ 2011-07-12 15:48 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2011-07-12 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Welsh Duggan; +Cc: 9062

Michael Welsh Duggan <md5i@md5i.com> writes:

> In the Extent section of variables.texi, you can find the following:
>
> @cindex closures not available
>   Some Lisp dialects have ``closures,'' objects that are like functions
> but record additional variable bindings.  Emacs Lisp does not have
> closures.
>
> This is no longer correct.  Also, it would be nice to add a
>  @cindex closures
> to the Lexical Binding node.

Thanks for the bug report, but please don't file manual bugs for Emacs
24 features yet.  Those features are still in the process of being
documented in the manuals.  I'm closing this report.