all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* tramp over an HP-UX hop
@ 2012-05-03 10:07 Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2012-05-03 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU Emacs List

I'm trying to use tramp to connect through another machine,
so I set up the proxies alist as

(add-to-list 'tramp-default-proxies-alist
       '("final" nil "/ssh:middle:"))

where I have a .ssh/config entry for middle in my local machine and
another entry in .ssh/config
for final in the middle machine.

I can't get it working however, and if I look in the tramp buffer I see
that it connected to the middle machine
but it can't reach the final machine.

The doubt is that the machine in the middle is just too dumb to support
it, it's an:

HP-UX sn41168b B.11.23 U 9000/800

What are the requirements in general to get the multi-hop working correctly?

* Re: tramp over an HP-UX hop
@ 2012-05-03 10:27 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2012-05-03 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Crotti; +Cc: GNU Emacs List

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

> The doubt is that the machine in the middle is just too dumb to
> support it, it's an:
>
> HP-UX sn41168b B.11.23 U 9000/800

I use Tramp daily for remote HP-UX 11.11 and 11.31 machines, the latter
for PA-RISC (that's your target machine) and Itanium architectures. No
problem. I've never tried it for HP-UX 11.23, but I would be surprised
if there were special problems.

Please set tramp-verbose to 6, and try it, again. Then show the
resulting debug buffer.

Best regards, Michael.