Haines Brown writes: > I would like to specify the TeX engine with the emacs command line, such > as with C-c C-c latex and C-c C-c xelatex, rather than having it only > call whichever TeX-engine is specified in AUCTeX configuration or in > .emacs init file. At present I can only switch between processing LaTeX > and XeLaTeX files by inserting or commenting a line in .emacs (setq > TeX-engine 'xetex) and reload emacs. You can do it by creating a custom command, by adding entries to TeX-command-list. Then you can change the command to call when using C-c C-c. -- Carl Lei (XeCycle) Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University OpenPGP public key: 7795E591 Fingerprint: 1FB6 7F1F D45D F681 C845 27F7 8D71 8EC4 7795 E591