all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Use *scratch* for startup messages?
@ 2013-01-09 23:48 Florian Lindner
From: Florian Lindner @ 2013-01-09 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello!

I have (setq inhibit-startup-message t) so I start up with the
*scratch* buffer which I hardly ever use. A thought crossed my mind to
use this buffer as a output for some user generated start up messages,
such as org-mode's TODO list or content of refile buffer, ...

So when Emacs starts, it presents a scratch buffer with my current
TODO list. All other properties of the buffer keep the same (like it's
not being saved).

Since I consider myself still novice with Emacs I'm unsure how to
program that into my .emacs and if there problems with this to be
expected....

Thanks for any thoughts!

Florian