Ted Zlatanov writes: > On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 02:39:23 -0500 Glenn Morris wrote: > > GM> Also, as a general comment, Gnus changes almost never seem to get NEWS > GM> (or GNUS-NEWS) entries. > > This one didn't seem to merit it, it was mostly internal (except for the > default gnus-registry filename). Eric, do you want to write something? > > On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 20:18:40 +0800 Eric Abrahamsen wrote: > > EA> Thanks for these comments! To be honest, I don't really understand the > EA> relationship between the gnus repository on gnus.org, and the gnus > EA> codebase as it lives inside the emacs repo. I wrote those patches > EA> against the gnus repo, and at the time (this was a while ago) emacs 25 > EA> wasn't out yet. Dunno how these things are meant to related. > > The patch reviewer (me) should have adjusted those, so it was my fault. > > EA> Other points well taken, and I can provide a further patch to fix them. > > Please do and I'll apply it, thanks. If you could add the 25.1 version > fixes Glenn noted as well, it would be really helpful. > > Ted Here goes! I think this is everything. I wasn't aware that obsolete variables still need to be defined, and am not sure what I've done is correct. The other `make-obsolete-variable' statements in here refer to otherwise-undefined variables.... ? Eric