Paul Eggert writes: > On 04/23/2015 04:15 AM, Nicolas Petton wrote: >> quoting code in >> elisp docstrings would only be reasonably doable from Emacs' elisp mode, > > No, they're reasonably doable from any editor that supports smart > quoting. Although Emacs doesn't have this option, it's common > elsewhere, and it shouldn't be that hard to add it to Emacs. > > As for quoting `like this` that still doesn't sound like a good idea. > Do we really want to switch to Markdown (or something like it) for doc > strings? That would be a much bigger project, and would be work that > nobody's prepared to do, and its overall costs could well exceed its > benefits. I never suggested adding support for Markdown, I gave Markdown as an example of `...` being used to quote code. Nico -- Nicolas Petton http://nicolas-petton.fr