Michael Heerdegen [2016-04-11 18:05:41+02] wrote: > I think what Teemu means is that this solution doesn't allow to say: > "for pdf, don't use docview, use the viewer as defined in the user's > mailcap file". One has to speak out the viewer's name, so there are two > places to change when the user changes his mind about which is his > preferred viewer (mailcap file and emacs customization). Yes, I meant that. I have ~/.mailcap file. With that new Emacs change I need to duplicate ~/.mailcap in Emacs. It's not a big issue but it kind of makes Emacs a bad citizen in the system. Many programs respect ~/.mailcap but Emacs quite doesn't.