all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Composing messages with format=flowed in Gnus from master branch
@ 2017-04-30 20:11 Joseph Mingrone
From: Joseph Mingrone @ 2017-04-30 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

In 25.x, if a message is sent with all hard newlines, Gnus adds
"format=flowed" to "Content-Type: text/plain;" headers.  This is
described on the wiki [1].  With an April 15th build from the
master branch, "format=flowed" will not be added.  Was there a
change that I missed or was this unintended?

Thanks,

Joseph

[1] https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusFormatFlowed

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Composing messages with format=flowed in Gnus from master branch
@ 2017-05-04 22:53 ` Yuri D'Elia
From: Yuri D'Elia @ 2017-05-04 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Sun, Apr 30 2017, Joseph Mingrone wrote:
> In 25.x, if a message is sent with all hard newlines, Gnus adds
> "format=flowed" to "Content-Type: text/plain;" headers. This is
> described on the wiki [1]. With an April 15th build from the master
> branch, "format=flowed" will not be added. Was there a change that I
> missed or was this unintended?

Sigh.. I remember writing that page in the wiki years ago, and *still*
having mostly the same code to write in FF, now with mu4e (which doesn't
handle a reply to FF properly anyway!).

I'd love this to be handled directly in message.el
It would be about time.

Is Lars still the main maintainer of gnus?
I'm prepared to make a patch for this.

* Re: Composing messages with format=flowed in Gnus from master branch
@ 2017-05-08 20:50   ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2017-05-08 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuri D'Elia; +Cc: emacs-devel

Yuri D'Elia <wavexx@thregr.org> writes:

> Sigh.. I remember writing that page in the wiki years ago, and *still*
> having mostly the same code to write in FF, now with mu4e (which doesn't
> handle a reply to FF properly anyway!).
>
> I'd love this to be handled directly in message.el
> It would be about time.
>
> Is Lars still the main maintainer of gnus?
> I'm prepared to make a patch for this.

Sure; please go ahead.

* Re: Composing messages with format=flowed in Gnus from master branch
@ 2017-07-12  8:41   ` Toon Claes
From: Toon Claes @ 2017-07-12  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuri D'Elia; +Cc: emacs-devel

Yuri D'Elia <wavexx@thregr.org> writes:

> I'd love this to be handled directly in message.el
> It would be about time.

Yuri, just out of curiosity, did get a chance to work on this?

Is there anything I can help you with?

I'd love to see this happen.

-- Toon

* Re: Composing messages with format=flowed in Gnus from master branch
@ 2017-07-17 10:40     ` Yuri D'Elia
From: Yuri D'Elia @ 2017-07-17 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toon Claes; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Wed, Jul 12 2017, Toon Claes wrote:
> Yuri D'Elia <wavexx@thregr.org> writes:
>
>> I'd love this to be handled directly in message.el
>> It would be about time.
>
> Yuri, just out of curiosity, did get a chance to work on this?
>
> Is there anything I can help you with?

I didn't work on this yet, as I was trying to debug this issue first:

which seems to be a regression in emacs 26
As I wrote in the report, the fix is easy, but I was trying to read
through mml to understand why this is now the case.