Since the change to records a few months ago, I've seen a bug with `url-history-save-history'. When I try to run it, I see: Error running timer ‘url-history-save-history’: (wrong-type-argument stringp #s(url "https" nil nil "duckduckgo.com" nil "/html/?q=emacs" nil nil t nil t)) A backtrace puts it at the `string-match' call in `url-history-save-history'. I think the problem is that url-history is using a url struct instead of a string, which, according to `url-history-update-url', isn't supposed to be happening. The following patch should fix this: