all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#37297: Tramp jumps to EOB on connection termination
@ 2019-09-03 19:43 Daniel Colascione
From: Daniel Colascione @ 2019-09-03 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 37297

1) Use master
2) Use tramp sshx method to visit a file
3) killall ssh
4) See tramp move point in file's buffer to the end for some reason

Why should killing the underlying connection move point?

* bug#37297: Tramp jumps to EOB on connection termination
@ 2019-09-04  7:43 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2019-09-04  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Colascione; +Cc: 37297

"Daniel Colascione" <dancol@dancol.org> writes:

Hi Daniel,

> 1) Use master
> 2) Use tramp sshx method to visit a file
> 3) killall ssh
> 4) See tramp move point in file's buffer to the end for some reason
>
> Why should killing the underlying connection move point?

Thanks for reporting this, and also for your fix in master. I've changed
it slightly; `tramp-get-buffer' returns the main communication buffer
Tramp uses to send commands to the remote host. This is not the buffer
used for asynchronous processes. That's why I have replaced this call by
`process-buffer'.

Could you pls recheck that it still works for you?

Thanks, and best regards, Michael.

* bug#37297: Tramp jumps to EOB on connection termination
@ 2019-09-04 17:54   ` Daniel Colascione
From: Daniel Colascione @ 2019-09-04 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: 37297

> "Daniel Colascione" <dancol@dancol.org> writes:
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
>> 1) Use master
>> 2) Use tramp sshx method to visit a file
>> 3) killall ssh
>> 4) See tramp move point in file's buffer to the end for some reason
>>
>> Why should killing the underlying connection move point?
>
> Thanks for reporting this, and also for your fix in master. I've changed
> it slightly; `tramp-get-buffer' returns the main communication buffer
> Tramp uses to send commands to the remote host. This is not the buffer
> used for asynchronous processes. That's why I have replaced this call by
> `process-buffer'.
>
> Could you pls recheck that it still works for you?

It does. Thanks for fixing that.

* bug#37297: Tramp jumps to EOB on connection termination
@ 2019-09-04 19:05     ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2019-09-04 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Colascione; +Cc: 37297-done

"Daniel Colascione" <dancol@dancol.org> writes:

>> Could you pls recheck that it still works for you?
>
> It does. Thanks for fixing that.

Thanks, I'm closing the bug.

Best regards, Michael.