all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* src/emacs owned by root after sudo make intall?
@ 2022-08-15 23:00 Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2022-08-15 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

since a couple of days, after building Emacs and sudo make install, some
files in src/ are owned by root, like this:

  src/emacs
  src/emacs-29.0.50.25
  src/emacs-29.0.50.25.pdmp
  src/emacs.pdmp

is this expected?

TIA,

Michael.

* Re: src/emacs owned by root after sudo make intall?
@ 2022-08-20  4:08 ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2022-08-20  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

> since a couple of days, after building Emacs and sudo make install,
> some files in src/ are owned by root, like this:
>
>   src/emacs
>   src/emacs-29.0.50.25
>   src/emacs-29.0.50.25.pdmp
>   src/emacs.pdmp
>
> is this expected?

I saw it multiple times (again) - but now it seems to be gone.

Michael.