Dmitry Gutov writes: > On 09/12/2022 17:13, Theodor Thornhill via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, > the Swiss army knife of text editors wrote: >>>> Something like this? >>> >>> Yes. But... :-) >>> >>> I guess you can replace (regexp-opt '("comment")) with just "comment"? >>> Both regexps are equivalent, and neither uses anchoring (like \` and >>> \'). Should they have anchoring? >>> >> >> Hehe, I did that first, but I trusted you knew some secret about that >> expression. No, we get the names, so I think it's good. > > Shouldn't trust me that much ;-) > :-) > It could be a problem if some grammar somewhere will have a node type > called "not_comment", and the regexp will still match it. Or > "pseudo_string", etc. > > Not sure how realistic that scenario is, up to you. The authors of such > major modes could opt for a stricted regexp individually, too. > Right. Yeah, I don't think it'll be a problem, but better to be on the safe side. Tweaked the regexp a little >>> The programs.texi addition should probably mention refilling too. >>> >> >> Good point. Will fix that. > > Still not ideal: it says "refill all the lines within a defun", but the > refilling step only touches the paragraph around point. > > Also about NEWS: "textual element" is a little value; it really refills > a single paragraph. That distinction is meaningful when a string or a > comment are long, containing several paragraphs inside. Something like this? Theo