Kévin Le Gouguec writes: > Eli Zaretskii writes: > >> I'd prefer not to have rx required in files.el, so could you please >> rewrite those parts of your patch and resubmit? Also, please add a >> NEWS entry about the change. > > ACK; will get to it in the coming days. s/days/hours/ I left a 'concat' in, because (a) it lets us interleave comments (b) the byte-compiler seems to smartly condense it all to one big string literal anyway. (Though if files.el is preloaded, everything happens at build-time and the .elc does not matter much, IIUC?) Let me know if we would prefer a plain raw string literal. Added a NEWS entry (under § 'Changes in Emacs 30.1 / Miscellaneous', assuming 'master'); added a bug reference; squashed it all.