all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How do I --debug-init on Android?
@ 2023-12-08 21:48 Esben Stien
From: Esben Stien @ 2023-12-08 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm starting Emacs like this:

adb shell am start -n org.gnu.emacs/org.gnu.emacs.EmacsActivity

, but run into some problems that I need to debug.

If I try to pass "--debug-init"

adb shell am start -n org.gnu.emacs/org.gnu.emacs.EmacsActivity --es ARGS "--debug-init"

it says:

Starting: Intent { cmp=org.gnu.emacs/.EmacsActivity (has extras) }

, but it doesn't start Emacs with --debug-init.

Is there some other way I should pass this parameter?

Does Emacs on Android even support any parameters.

If it doesn't support parameters, is there any way to pass this in the init file?;)

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m

* Re: How do I --debug-init on Android?
@ 2023-12-09  8:26 ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2023-12-09  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Esben Stien; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Esben Stien <b0ef@esben-stien.name> writes:

> I'm starting Emacs like this:
>
> adb shell am start -n org.gnu.emacs/org.gnu.emacs.EmacsActivity
>
> , but run into some problems that I need to debug.
>
> If I try to pass "--debug-init"
>
> adb shell am start -n org.gnu.emacs/org.gnu.emacs.EmacsActivity --es ARGS "--debug-init"
>
> it says:
>
> Starting: Intent { cmp=org.gnu.emacs/.EmacsActivity (has extras) }
>
> , but it doesn't start Emacs with --debug-init.
>
> Is there some other way I should pass this parameter?
>
> Does Emacs on Android even support any parameters.
>
> If it doesn't support parameters, is there any way to pass this in the init file?;)

Options can't be delivered to Emacs through "am"; the procedure for
starting Emacs with --debug-emacs is illustrated in the Android
Troubleshooting node in the Emacs manual.

Thanks.