all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Diary functions
@ 2002-09-06 12:03 Keith O'Connell
From: Keith O'Connell @ 2002-09-06 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have just taken to using the calendar/diary combination in emacs and
am pleasently surprised that it is all I need and that the various
solutions I have used up till now have been overkill!   :-)

However, I have hit a small snag. The local lug meets on the first
Tursday of the month. How does one set a repeating entry for these
regular, yet irregular types of events?

Keith
--
___________________________________   _
  Keith O'Connell.                   -o)

* Re: Diary functions
@ 2002-09-06 12:17 ` lawrence mitchell
From: lawrence mitchell @ 2002-09-06 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Keith O'Connell wrote:

> I have just taken to using the calendar/diary combination in emacs and
> am pleasently surprised that it is all I need and that the various
> solutions I have used up till now have been overkill!   :-)

> However, I have hit a small snag. The local lug meets on the first
> Tursday of the month. How does one set a repeating entry for these
> regular, yet irregular types of events?

You probably want to read the section in the Emacs Lisp manual
entitled "Sexp Entries and the Fancy Diary Display", which points
in the direction of the function `diary-float'.  An online
version of this manual is available at: <URL: http://www.gnu.org/
manual/elisp-manual-21-2.8/html_chapter/elisp_39.html#SEC675>.

--
lawrence mitchell <wence@gmx.li>

* Re: Diary functions
@ 2002-09-06 12:37   ` Keith O'Connell
From: Keith O'Connell @ 2002-09-06 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

lawrence mitchell <wence@gmx.li> writes:

> Keith O'Connell wrote:
>
> > I have just taken to using the calendar/diary combination in emacs and
> > am pleasently surprised that it is all I need and that the various
> > solutions I have used up till now have been overkill!   :-)
>
> > However, I have hit a small snag. The local lug meets on the first
> > Tursday of the month. How does one set a repeating entry for these
> > regular, yet irregular types of events?
>
> You probably want to read the section in the Emacs Lisp manual
> entitled "Sexp Entries and the Fancy Diary Display", which points
> in the direction of the function `diary-float'.  An online
> version of this manual is available at: <URL: http://www.gnu.org/
> manual/elisp-manual-21-2.8/html_chapter/elisp_39.html#SEC675>.

This was *exactly* what I was after, and a whole heap of other
functions as well!! :-) Thank you very much for that. I am well
pleased

Keith
--