all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* NTEmacs and Vietnamese
@ 2003-04-04 13:17 tcp
From: tcp @ 2003-04-04 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi all,

  I have NTEmacs 21.2.1 on Windows/2000 and I like
  to know how to view Vietnamese in emacs.

  I have also installed leim and able to type in vietnamese.
  However, i still see the BLOCK. I also see the block in
  C-h h.

  Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

---

* Re: NTEmacs and Vietnamese
@ 2003-04-04 17:51 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2003-04-04 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

"tcp" <txt8888@yahoo.com> writes:

> hi all,
>
>   I have NTEmacs 21.2.1 on Windows/2000 and I like
>   to know how to view Vietnamese in emacs.
>
>   I have also installed leim and able to type in vietnamese.
>   However, i still see the BLOCK. I also see the block in
>   C-h h.

You need vietnamese fonts in the appropriate encoding. See the GNU
intlfonts distribution, and the documentation for setting up BDF fonts
on MS-Windows at http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/

* Re: NTEmacs and Vietnamese
@ 2003-04-05  5:21 ` Janusz S. Bień
From: Janusz S. Bień @ 2003-04-05  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Fri, 04 Apr 2003  "tcp" <txt8888@yahoo.com> wrote:

> hi all,
>
>   I have NTEmacs 21.2.1 on Windows/2000 and I like
>   to know how to view Vietnamese in emacs.

[...]

On 04 Apr 2003  Jason Rumney <jasonr@NOSPAM.f2s.com> wrote:

[...]

> You need vietnamese fonts in the appropriate encoding. See the GNU
> intlfonts distribution, and the documentation for setting up BDF fonts
> on MS-Windows at http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/

If yoy have enough bandwith, you can try

        http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~jsbien/wnptw/wnptw093p.iso.bz2

This the image of ,,NT Emacs Live'' CD which I prepared for my
students some time ago. It contains not only the necessary fonts but a
lot of other more or less useful stuff, therefore it is quite large
(380MB).

Best regards

Janusz

--