On Sat 2007-12-08 20:38:09 -0500, Glenn Morris wrote: > dkg wrote: > >> I just noticed that ~/.url/cookies was world-readable, and its parent >> directory was world-readable, exposing the cookies emacs held to the >> outside world, which allows for a session hijacking attack. > > I can fix this. Should ~/.url be private, or just certain files within > it (cookies, history, what else)? i would suspect that history should also be private -- URLs visited often hold information that you might not want others to see. i'm not sure what else gets placed in that directory, so i don't know if the directory itself should be mode 0700 or not. Thanks for the followup, --dkg