all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: Feature wish: make smtpmail process buffer available
       [not found] <87fy6itmis.fsf@ID-24456.user.uni-berlin.de>
@ 2008-01-12 10:42 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2008-01-12 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Conrad; +Cc: emacs-pretest-bug

Christoph Conrad <christoph.conrad@gmx.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> i wrote two defadvice wrappers for gnus. I want to switch to the process
> buffer, when `smtpmail-debug-info' is not nil. But the process buffer
> name template is hardcoded in "smtpmail.el". So i suggest to define and
> use a customizable variable, so that i can use safely something like
>
>   (when smtpmail-debug-info
>     (switch-to-buffer
>      (format smtpmail-process-buffer-template smtpmail-smtp-server)))

Hi.  I just noticed this report.  Can't there be more than one such
buffer?  With the template appended with <2>, <3> and so on.  I'm not
sure the above would work reliably.

/Simon

* Re: Feature wish: make smtpmail process buffer available
@ 2008-01-12 11:09   ` Christoph Conrad
From: Christoph Conrad @ 2008-01-12 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Josefsson; +Cc: emacs-pretest-bug

Hi Simon,

> Can't there be more than one such buffer? With the template appended
> with <2>, <3> and so on. I'm not sure the above would work reliably.

Yes, then it would not work. But is there really more than one process
buffer for a specific smtpmail-smtp-server? I mean the buffer
constructed with "*trace of SMTP session to %s*".

I want to achieve that optionally Gnus switches to the end of the
process buffer after sending, when `smtpmail-debug-info' is not nil. I
suggest to implement this into Gnus.

With kind regards,
Christoph