all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Reftex local variables
@ 2009-07-30 16:52 Alain Muls
From: Alain Muls @ 2009-07-30 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi emacs,

I want to change the insertion of local variables from

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% End:

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% eval: (ispell-change-dictionary "american")
%%% eval: (flyspell-mode 1)
%%% End:

How do you do that?

Is it also possible to have the insertion ask for the dictionary to use?

And finally, how do I get rid of the "allow variables that are risky"
question?

Tx/Alain

Alain Muls                                      alain.muls@telenet.be
                                                        +32.477.675091

* Re: Reftex local variables
       [not found] <mailman.3503.1248972751.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2009-07-30 19:14 ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2009-07-30 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Alain,

Alain Muls wrote:
> Hi emacs,
>
> I want to change the insertion of local variables from
>
> %%% Local Variables:
> %%% mode: latex
> %%% TeX-master: t
> %%% End:

> %%% Local Variables:
> %%% mode: latex
> %%% TeX-master: t
> %%% eval: (ispell-change-dictionary "american")
> %%% eval: (flyspell-mode 1)
> %%% End:
>
> How do you do that?

I don't understand your question.

> Is it also possible to have the insertion ask for the dictionary to use?

Yes, if you eval such an interactive function, one that asks for a dictionary.

> And finally, how do I get rid of the "allow variables that are risky"
> question?

Put such a thing in your `.emacs' file:

;; record safe values for some local variables
(setq safe-local-variable-values
      '((TeX-master . t)
        (flyspell-mode . t)
        (ispell-dictionary . "francais")
        (ispell-dictionary . "american")
        (ispell-mode . t)))

Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: Reftex local variables
       [not found] <4a72334a.a953f10a.5812.ffffc035SMTPIN_ADDED@mx.google.com>
@ 2009-07-31  8:50 ` Alain Muls
From: Alain Muls @ 2009-07-31  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 31/07/09 help-gnu-emacs-request@gnu.org wrote:
> Message: 10 Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 21:14:56 +0200 From: S?bastien
> Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> Subject: Re: Reftex local
> variables To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org Message-ID:
> <87vdlakmof.fsf@mundaneum.com> Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset=utf-8 Hi Alain, Alain Muls wrote:
> > > Hi emacs,
> > >
> > > I want to change the insertion of local variables from
> > >
> > > %%% Local Variables:
> > > %%% mode: latex
> > > %%% TeX-master: t
> > > %%% End:

> > > %%% Local Variables:
> > > %%% mode: latex
> > > %%% TeX-master: t
> > > %%% eval: (ispell-change-dictionary "american")
> > > %%% eval: (flyspell-mode 1)
> > > %%% End:
> > >
> > > How do you do that?
>
> I don't understand your question.

Hi emacs,

When creating a nex latex file, emacs auto-inserts the 4 commands shown
on top and asks which file is the master file. I want to add to this the
2 lines for ispell and flyspell.

bye/Alain

> > > Is it also possible to have the insertion ask for the dictionary
> to use?
>
> Yes, if you eval such an interactive function, one that asks for a
> dictionary.
>

> > > And finally, how do I get rid of the "allow variables that are
> risky"
> > > question?
>
> Put such a thing in your `.emacs' file:

> ;; record safe values for some local variables
> (setq safe-local-variable-values
>       '((TeX-master . t)
>         (flyspell-mode . t)
>         (ispell-dictionary . "francais")
>         (ispell-dictionary . "american")
>         (ispell-mode . t)))
>
> Seb
>
> -- Sébastien Vauban

Alain Muls                                   alain.muls@rma.ac.be
Royal Military Academy                              +32.2.7426340
Department CISS                                 srt +32.2.7426476
Renaissance Avenue 30, B1000 Brussels

* Re: Reftex local variables
@ 2009-07-31  9:19   ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2009-07-31  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alain Muls; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 31.07.2009 um 10:50 schrieb Alain Muls:

> When creating a nex latex file, emacs auto-inserts the 4 commands
> shown on top and asks which file is the master file. I want to add
> to this the 2 lines for ispell and flyspell.

Look into AUCTeX! (For example run grep-find over the EL files and
make it look for the text "Local Variables:"...)

--
Greetings

   Pete

Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man. There has
never been a really good one, and even those that are most tolerable
are arbitrary, cruel, grasping and unintelligent.
				– H. L. Mencken