all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to show beautiful code in Muse?
@ 2009-09-11  9:02 Water Lin
From: Water Lin @ 2009-09-11  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am using Emacs Muse to generate my notes and homepage. When I paste
code into muse, after generating the muse, I will get a mess.

I tried to use some tags, here we can get some:
---------------
http://mwolson.org/static/doc/muse/Tag-Summary.html#Tag-Summary

But even I used some tags, I still can't make the code look
beautiful. So I want to ask you what kind of method you are using to
generate text for code. Good suggestions?

If the code can have the color which we get in code editor, it will be better.

--
Water Lin's blog: http://blog.waterlin.org
Email: WaterLin@ymail.com

* Re: How to show beautiful code in Muse?
@ 2009-09-14  8:33 ` Fabrice Niessen
       [not found] ` <mailman.6740.1253058289.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Fabrice Niessen @ 2009-09-14  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Water,

Water Lin wrote:
> I am using Emacs Muse to generate my notes and homepage. When I paste code
> into muse, after generating the muse, I will get a mess.
>
> I tried to use some tags, here we can get some:
> ---------------
> http://mwolson.org/static/doc/muse/Tag-Summary.html#Tag-Summary
>
> But even I used some tags, I still can't make the code look beautiful. So I
> want to ask you what kind of method you are using to generate text for code.
> Good suggestions?
>
> If the code can have the color which we get in code editor, it will be
> better.

Have a look at my Web site, currently (that will change soon) done with Muse:

    http://www.mygooglest.com/fni/

In particular, check this out for how I published text and code:

    http://www.mygooglest.com/fni/site-map.html

Best regards,
  Fabrice

--
Fabrice Niessen
Search the Web with "My Google Search Tools" on http://www.MyGooglest.com

* Re: How to show beautiful code in Muse?
@ 2009-09-15 23:43 ` ptmono
       [not found] ` <mailman.6740.1253058289.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: ptmono @ 2009-09-15 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Water Lin; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Water Lin <WaterLin@kdn.ktguide.com> writes:

> I am using Emacs Muse to generate my notes and homepage. When I paste
> code into muse, after generating the muse, I will get a mess.
>
> I tried to use some tags, here we can get some:
> ---------------
> http://mwolson.org/static/doc/muse/Tag-Summary.html#Tag-Summary
>
> But even I used some tags, I still can't make the code look
> beautiful. So I want to ask you what kind of method you are using to
> generate text for code. Good suggestions?
>
> If the code can have the color which we get in code editor, it will be better.

I think you are looking for 'Htmlize'. See

 - http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Htmlize
 - http://fly.srk.fer.hr/~hniksic/emacs/htmlize.el : the source

@ 2009-09-15 23:55   ` Benjamin Andresen
From: Benjamin Andresen @ 2009-09-15 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

ptmono <ptmono@gmail.com> writes:

> I think you are looking for 'Htmlize'. See
>
>  - http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Htmlize
>  - http://fly.srk.fer.hr/~hniksic/emacs/htmlize.el : the source

alternatively there is a version that slightly differs here:
http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode.git?a=blob;f=contrib/lisp/htmlize.el;hb=HEAD

(Probably some emacs23-only "fix")

br,
benny