all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* M-x custom: *PLEASE*, someone, have it build an INDEX (as in *info*)
@ 2010-01-18 10:37 David Combs
From: David Combs @ 2010-01-18 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

subj: M-x custom: *PLEASE*, someone, have it build an INDEX (as in *info*)

Unlike most everyone else, I find "custom" basically UNUSABLE.

(Actually, I'd much prefer a super-LONG edit-options -- at least
I could run M-x occur on it, see where things were.

This custom thing -- I have no idea where things are, how far
down I have to go.

Maybe if someone could code it to draw one HUGE tree (lying on its
side, of course), but the current scheme doesn't work for me.

So, an INDEX would help -- each one being a LINK to the thing
it's about.  Custom would make the index each time it started up.

Should would make custom easier!

Thanks!

David