all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Some frameworks smartness
@ 2010-08-02 17:16 Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-08-02 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm working with turbogears and thinking that it could be much more
simple.

I tend to forget after a while I don't use the various commands I have
to give (python setup.py update-catalog... etc) so I really think that
emacs could come into help.

I didn't find any useful packages about this or any framework in
general, but I can do it myself maybe.

Before I do maybe you have some advices or some hints on something
already done...
Thanks

* Re: Some frameworks smartness
@ 2010-08-02 18:02 ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-08-02 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm working with turbogears and thinking that it could be much more
> simple.
>
> I tend to forget after a while I don't use the various commands I have
> to give (python setup.py update-catalog... etc) so I really think that
> emacs could come into help.
>
> I didn't find any useful packages about this or any framework in
> general, but I can do it myself maybe.
>
> Before I do maybe you have some advices or some hints on something
> already done...
> Thanks

Reading this nice article [fn:1] I started to write something.
First we have to activate the correct python executable, so

(require 'python-mode)

(defun virtual-set-interpreter ()
  (interactive)
  (let
      ((interpreter (expand-file-name "bin/python")))
    (if
        (file-exists-p "bin/python")
        (progn
          (message "setting the local interpreter")
          (setq py-python-command interpreter))
      (message "not found"))))

(defun virtual-deactivate ()
  (interactive)
  (message "deactivate the environment")
  (py-toggle-shells 1))

(provide 'virtual)

Even though I'm not sure is a good idea to change globally the python
interpreter.
On other buffers I still maybe would like to use the default cython, how
can it be done in a less intrusive way?

Then maybe I have to setup the exec path also and some commands which
are shortcuts for the various operations normally done...

Footnotes:

[fn:1] http://jesselegg.com/archives/2010/03/14/emacs-python-programmers-2-virtualenv-ipython-daemon-mode/

* Re: Some frameworks smartness
@ 2010-08-02 21:30   ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-08-02 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

I then found that the wonderful make-comint to create new interpreters
running, and one useful application would be to run the
"paster shell development.ini"

I tried in all the possible ways but it never finds it (and paster is in
the path).
Maybe I'm doing something wrong passing the arguments?

(setq paster-shell "./bin/paster shell ldapper/development.ini")

(defun run-turbogears ()
  "Run an interactive turbogears shell"
  (interactive)
  (require 'comint)
  (switch-to-buffer (make-comint "turbogears" paster-shell))
  ;; now maybe pass to the right mode
)

* Re: Some frameworks smartness
@ 2010-08-03  7:27     ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2010-08-03  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Andrea,

> Maybe I'm doing something wrong passing the arguments?

Yes, I think you should call it like

  (make-comint "turbogears" "paster" nil "shell"
               "ldapper/development.ini")

and probably you should specify the ini file absolutely.

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: Some frameworks smartness
@ 2010-08-03  8:22       ` Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2010-08-03  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hi Andrea,
>
>> Maybe I'm doing something wrong passing the arguments?
>
> Yes, I think you should call it like
>
>   (make-comint "turbogears" "paster" nil "shell"
>                "ldapper/development.ini")
>
> and probably you should specify the ini file absolutely.
>
> Bye,
> Tassilo

Mm no way it never finds the "shell" command, which means that the
python used is not the correct one.
But that's strange since the py-python-command points to the right
interpreter.

Also adding to the exec-path doesn't make a difference...

The idea was to have the shell always running and in another buffer keep
also the server running.