all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Help with bzr access, please!
@ 2010-10-16 19:09 Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2010-10-16 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi, Emacs!

Is there by now definitive documentation on how to access the ssh+bzr
server?  I amended my config file a week ago, and now when I try "bzr
update", I get the following half of an error message:

    You tried to execute: bzr serve --inet --directory=/ --allow-writes
    Sorry, you are not allowed to execute that command.
    bzr: ERROR: Connection closed: Unexpected end of message. Please check
    connectivity and permissions, and report a bug if problems persist.

Can somebody perhaps give me the other half of this error message?  Or
perhaps help me out otherwise.

The config file I changed was at
~/emacs/emacs.bzr/trunk/.bzr/branch/branch.conf.  The change I made was
to replace "sftp:" with "bzr+ssh" each place it occurred.  The file now
looks like this:

    parent_location = bzr+ssh://acmacm@bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/trunk/
    public_branch = bzr+ssh://acmacm@bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/trunk
    bound_location = bzr+ssh://acmacm@bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/trunk/
    bound = True
    submit_branch = file:///home/acm/emacs/emacs.bzr/quickfixes/

Thanks in advance!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).