Hi Riccardo, Riccardo Romoli writes: > As in the wiky-emacs I added this to my .emacs: > > (setq TeX-PDF-mode t) > > but when I open a .tex nothing appens, pdfLaTeX is not enabled. See the documentation: ,----[ C-h v TeX-PDF-mode RET ] | TeX-PDF-mode is a variable defined in `tex.el'. | Its value is nil | | Automatically becomes buffer-local when set in any fashion. | This variable is safe as a file local variable if its value | satisfies the predicate `TeX-booleanp'. | | Documentation: | Non-nil if Tex-Pdf mode is enabled. | Use the command `TeX-PDF-mode' to change this variable. | | You can customize this variable. | | [back] `---- The variable is buffer-local, that means you have to set in the relevant buffer or you use (setq-default TeX-PDF-mode t) to change the default value. Michael