Thierry Volpiatto writes: > Stefan Monnier writes: > >> I think we can install the file-subdir-of-p test now and leave the rest >> for 24.2. Can you (re)send the corresponding patch? Note that >> (or (files-equal-p directory newname) >> (file-subdir-of-p newname directory)) >> should be replaced by just (file-subdir-of-p newname directory), because >> this primitive should be a "⊆" rather than "⊂". > > I have removed one more occurence of `files-equal-p' no more needed in > dired-aux.el. > So this function is not needed actually; I have not removed it though. > Maybe I should and add it only after 24.1? Just realize that this match was quite old. I have merged this patch with last revision of today. So ignore precedent and review this one. I it's ok I will apply it on trunk.