"Drew Adams" writes: > 1. Describe the parameter, INC. > > 2. Describe the use of a prefix argument. > > In general, describe this as a user command, from a user point of view, > and not just as a function to be called from code. See attached patch. I enhanced the docstring and rewrote the command so that it does not use a temporary keymap. When I tried `C-x C-+' I was left with the `+' and `-' keys not usable anymore. The patch also removes the redundant keybinding `C-x C-='. And C-x C-0 does not allow adjusting further. My feeling is that it is not useful. I'll apply this patch within a week if nobody is against it.