Andreas Schwab writes: > Darren Hoo writes: > >> The built object files for emacs/{src,lib,lib-src} all go to >> build/{src,lib,lib-src}, but the *.elc files are not, they still lie in >> the emacs/lisp diretory. > > That is correct, because these files are distributed, so when building > from a tarball they are not touched. Is that true? I haven't tried to investigate yet, but they are actually rebuilt here (24.3 tarball). This makes me suspicious about using a single source directory for the four emacs flavors we ship in the OpenBSD ports tree - thinking of two or more emacs processes writing the same .elc at the same time. > Andreas. -- Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas - OpenBSD Emacs port maintainer GPG Key fingerprint: 61DB D9A0 00A4 67CF 2A90 8961 6191 8FBF 06A1 1494