all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* decoding html char codes
@ 2013-12-30 23:47 E Sabof
       [not found] ` <mailman.10780.1388588361.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: E Sabof @ 2013-12-30 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On a farily regular basis, I need to convert strings like this:

&lt;b&gt;foo &amp; bar&lt;/b&gt;

to this:

<b>foo & bar</b>

I have an ad-hoc dictionary for doing such translations. However emacs
seems to be shipped with at least 2. One located in etc/nxml/ and another
in lisp/leim/quail/sgml-input.el. Does anyone know through which APIs can
these dictionaries be accessed?

Evgeni

* Re: decoding html char codes
@ 2014-01-01 14:58 ` Stefan Monnier
       [not found] ` <mailman.10780.1388588361.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2014-01-01 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> I have an ad-hoc dictionary for doing such translations. However emacs
> seems to be shipped with at least 2. One located in etc/nxml/ and another
> in lisp/leim/quail/sgml-input.el. Does anyone know through which APIs can

IIRC there's iso-sgml2iso (which uses yet another such dictionary).

* Re: decoding html char codes
       [not found] ` <mailman.10780.1388588361.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2014-01-05 22:08   ` esabof
From: esabof @ 2014-01-05 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> IIRC there's iso-sgml2iso (which uses yet another such dictionary).

Thanks. It's not as complete, but still useful.

Evgeni

* Re: decoding html char codes
       [not found] ` <mailman.10780.1388588361.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2014-01-07  0:11   ` Ted Zlatanov
       [not found]     ` <mailman.11248.1389059334.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2014-01-07  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 09:58:49 -0500 Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

>> I have an ad-hoc dictionary for doing such translations. However emacs
>> seems to be shipped with at least 2. One located in etc/nxml/ and another
>> in lisp/leim/quail/sgml-input.el. Does anyone know through which APIs can

SM> IIRC there's iso-sgml2iso (which uses yet another such dictionary).

Is there a reason not to unify all of them?  The HTML character codes
are not a quick-moving lot.

Ted

* Re: decoding html char codes
@ 2014-01-07  1:48     ` Stefan Monnier
       [not found]     ` <mailman.11248.1389059334.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2014-01-07  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

SM> IIRC there's iso-sgml2iso (which uses yet another such dictionary).
> Is there a reason not to unify all of them?

Lack of manpower?

* Re: decoding html char codes
       [not found]     ` <mailman.11248.1389059334.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2014-01-08 16:00       ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2014-01-08 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 20:48:23 -0500 Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

SM> IIRC there's iso-sgml2iso (which uses yet another such dictionary).
>> Is there a reason not to unify all of them?

SM> Lack of manpower?

I'll put it on my TODO list for a rainy weekend.

Ted