Sharon Kimble writes: Hi Sharon, > How can I place " at the beginning of a line, and " at the end of a > line, in a highlighted region please? This is a block of 10+ lines, > and I need quotes from the beginning and end of each line. I'd use a keyboard macro for that: ;; start recording C-a ;; goto beginning of line " ;; insert double-quote C-e ;; goto end of line " ;; insert double-quote C-n ;; goto next line ;; stop recording Then you can hit repeatedly until all your lines are quoted. HTH, Tassilo