all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to write a self-insert-command-like command?
@ 2015-07-31 21:10 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2015-07-31 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw

Hi all,

I want to have a command whose behavior will depend on the key used to
invoke it, much like self-insert-command.  How to do that?  Is
last-command-event the right tool for that, or is there a better one?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* RE: How to write a self-insert-command-like command?
@ 2015-07-31 22:35 ` Doug Lewan
From: Doug Lewan @ 2015-07-31 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw

last-command event is what I have used on the rare occasion
that I've written such a thing.

--
,Doug
Douglas Lewan

I once worked in a can recycling facility. It was soda pressing.

* Re: How to write a self-insert-command-like command?
@ 2015-08-01 13:28 ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2015-08-01 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> I want to have a command whose behavior will depend on the key used to
> invoke it, much like self-insert-command.  How to do that?  Is
> last-command-event the right tool for that, or is there a better one?

AFAICT, the (C) source code of `self-insert-command' uses `last-command-event',
too.

Michael.