all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Orgmobile android does not work anymore
@ 2015-10-21 15:21 Jean-Jacques Rétorré
From: Jean-Jacques Rétorré @ 2015-10-21 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I used orgmobile android mobile connected to Dropbox on my Samsung GT-S5830,
but since my change for Motorola Moto E, impossible to syncroniser.
Is orgmobile android  still maintained for android 5.0.2 ?

--
jean-jacques Rétorré

* Re: Orgmobile android does not work anymore
@ 2015-10-21 18:35 ` Rasmus
       [not found] ` <mailman.744.1445452573.7904.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Rasmus @ 2015-10-21 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

jj.r&torr&@gmail.con (Jean-Jacques Rétorré) writes:

> I used orgmobile android mobile connected to Dropbox on my Samsung GT-S5830,
> but since my change for Motorola Moto E, impossible to syncroniser.
> Is orgmobile android  still maintained for android 5.0.2 ?

There is a similar report a few days ago.  Can you check if you are
experiencing the same issue?

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
One thing that is clear: it's all down hill from here

@ 2015-10-21 19:54   ` Jean-Jacques Rétorré
From: Jean-Jacques Rétorré @ 2015-10-21 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

mer. 21 oct. 2015,  Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> nous disait que :

> Hi,
>
> jj.r&torr&@gmail.con (Jean-Jacques Rétorré) writes:
>
>> I used orgmobile android mobile connected to Dropbox on my Samsung GT-S5830,
>> but since my change for Motorola Moto E, impossible to syncroniser.
>> Is orgmobile android  still maintained for android 5.0.2 ?
>
> There is a similar report a few days ago.  Can you check if you are
> experiencing the same issue?

Yes, but where ?

@ 2015-10-22  7:28 ` Mart van de Wege
From: Mart van de Wege @ 2015-10-22  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

jj.r&torr&@gmail.con (Jean-Jacques Rétorré) writes:

> I used orgmobile android mobile connected to Dropbox on my Samsung GT-S5830,
> but since my change for Motorola Moto E, impossible to syncroniser.
> Is orgmobile android  still maintained for android 5.0.2 ?

Do you get any useful errors? I'm using orgmobile syncing with a WebDAV
directory at home (over a VPN, but that's immaterial), and it works just
fine.

Mart

    --- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.

* Re: Orgmobile android does not work anymore
@ 2015-10-22  9:12   ` Jean-Jacques Rétorré
From: Jean-Jacques Rétorré @ 2015-10-22  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

jeu. 22 oct. 2015,  Mart van de Wege <mvdwege@gmail.com> nous disait que :

> jj.r&torr&@gmail.con (Jean-Jacques Rétorré) writes:
>
>> I used orgmobile android mobile connected to Dropbox on my Samsung GT-S5830,
>> but since my change for Motorola Moto E, impossible to syncroniser.
>> Is orgmobile android  still maintained for android 5.0.2 ?
>
> Do you get any useful errors? I'm using orgmobile syncing with a WebDAV
> directory at home (over a VPN, but that's immaterial), and it works just
> fine.

thanks. It is no errors, simply the configuration hangs with Dropbox.
Probably I have to change. I don't know what a webDAV is.

--
JJR.

* Re: Orgmobile android does not work anymore
@ 2015-10-22  9:49     ` Mart van de Wege
From: Mart van de Wege @ 2015-10-22  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

jj.retorre@gmail.com (Jean-Jacques Rétorré) writes:

> jeu. 22 oct. 2015,  Mart van de Wege <mvdwege@gmail.com> nous disait que :
>
>> jj.r&torr&@gmail.con (Jean-Jacques Rétorré) writes:
>>
>>> I used orgmobile android mobile connected to Dropbox on my Samsung GT-S5830,
>>> but since my change for Motorola Moto E, impossible to syncroniser.
>>> Is orgmobile android  still maintained for android 5.0.2 ?
>>
>> Do you get any useful errors? I'm using orgmobile syncing with a WebDAV
>> directory at home (over a VPN, but that's immaterial), and it works just
>> fine.
>>

> thanks. It is no errors, simply the configuration hangs with Dropbox.
> Probably I have to change. I don't know what a webDAV is.

In that case the problem is specific to the orgmobile/dropbox
interaction.

I have seen that orgmobile has not been updated for some time. Is this
project still alive at all?

@ 2015-10-22 11:49       ` Jean-Jacques Rétorré
       [not found]       ` <mailman.1310.1446194950.7904.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Jean-Jacques Rétorré @ 2015-10-22 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

jeu. 22 oct. 2015,  Mart van de Wege <mvdwege@gmail.com> nous disait que :

> jj.retorre@gmail.com (Jean-Jacques Rétorré) writes:
>
>> jeu. 22 oct. 2015,  Mart van de Wege <mvdwege@gmail.com> nous disait que :

>>> Do you get any useful errors? I'm using orgmobile syncing with a WebDAV
>>> directory at home (over a VPN, but that's immaterial), and it works just
>>> fine.
>>>

>> thanks. It is no errors, simply the configuration hangs with Dropbox.
>> Probably I have to change. I don't know what a webDAV is.
>>
> In that case the problem is specific to the orgmobile/dropbox
> interaction.
>
> I have seen that orgmobile has not been updated for some time. Is this
> project still alive at all?

Alive or not alive, that is the question.
I am very disappointed, because orgmobile is great.

--
JJR

* Re: Orgmobile android does not work anymore
@ 2015-10-29 17:36       ` Eric S Fraga
       [not found]       ` <mailman.1310.1446194950.7904.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2015-10-29 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Thursday, 22 Oct 2015 at 12:49, Mart van de Wege wrote:

[...]

> In that case the problem is specific to the orgmobile/dropbox
> interaction.
>
> I have seen that orgmobile has not been updated for some time. Is this
> project still alive at all?

I use MobileOrg (Android) daily and it works just fine with Dropbox for
me.  Whether it is alive or not depends on your definition.  There is
possibly no active development but it does work.

My phone is running the latest Android cyanogenmod version.
--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.5.1 + Ma Gnus v0.14 + evil-git-ff74cfb

@ 2015-10-30  9:50         ` Jean-Jacques Rétorré
From: Jean-Jacques Rétorré @ 2015-10-30  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

jeu. 29 oct. 2015,  Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> nous disait que :

> On Thursday, 22 Oct 2015 at 12:49, Mart van de Wege wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> In that case the problem is specific to the orgmobile/dropbox
>> interaction.
>>
>> I have seen that orgmobile has not been updated for some time. Is this
>> project still alive at all?
>
> I use MobileOrg (Android) daily and it works just fine with Dropbox for
> me.  Whether it is alive or not depends on your definition.  There is
> possibly no active development but it does work.
>
> My phone is running the latest Android cyanogenmod version.

Thank you very much.

--
JJR

@ 2015-11-13 15:18         ` Jean-Jacques Rétorré
From: Jean-Jacques Rétorré @ 2015-11-13 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

jeu. 29 oct. 2015,  Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> nous disait que :

> On Thursday, 22 Oct 2015 at 12:49, Mart van de Wege wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> In that case the problem is specific to the orgmobile/dropbox
>> interaction.
>>
>> I have seen that orgmobile has not been updated for some time. Is this
>> project still alive at all?
>
> I use MobileOrg (Android) daily and it works just fine with Dropbox for
> me.  Whether it is alive or not depends on your definition.  There is
> possibly no active development but it does work.
>
> My phone is running the latest Android cyanogenmod version.

I think the problem solved. MobileOrg works well. The problem is the
connection with Dropbox. I live in the deep countryside in France and
the network is very unstable and low flow.

--
JJR.