On 2016-04-17, at 16:49, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Marcin Borkowski >> Cc: 20871@debbugs.gnu.org >> Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 17:34:04 +0200 >> >> In Polish typography, it is customary to foribid line breaks after >> one-letter words (and we have quite a few of them: a, i, o, w, z - they >> are conjunctions or prepositions). And it is not uncommon to have >> a combination of them with a parenthesized remark or something like >> that. That's why allowing a linebreak after, say "(a" when writing >> something in Polish (like an email, for instance) is a bug IMO. >> >> > See, the function in question, fill-single-char-nobreak-p, is >> > documented as a possible value to use in the fill hook, for a very >> > specific purpose. If you are saying that it doesn't fulfill that >> > purpose well enough, please show a use case where it fails to do that. >> > At least the situation you described, with " (a", doesn't seem to fit >> > the use cases which this function is supposed to cover, since the >> > parenthesis makes a 2-character sequence, whereas >> > fill-single-char-nobreak-p aims to support isolated one-character >> > words. >> >> I see. So you suggest that instead of patching >> `fill-single-char-nobreak-p' I should have provided another function, >> customized for Polish? > > Yes, I think so. There's already fill-french-nobreak-p, why shouldn't > there be a Polish predicate? I attach a new patch. Is it better now? Best, -- Marcin Borkowski http://octd.wmi.amu.edu.pl/en/Marcin_Borkowski Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science Adam Mickiewicz University