Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: João Távora >> Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 14:32:08 +0100 >> Cc: Reuben Thomas , 24901@debbugs.gnu.org, Eli Zaretskii >> >> On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 1:35 PM, wrote: >> >> > Or remove the autoload from electric-pair-text-pairs? >> >> Seems to be there for a reason, unfortunately. It's forward >> referenced in electric.el if I'm not mistaken. > > I don't understand this: electric.el is preloaded, so why would it > need the autoload? I don't know, I admit I'm very confused by the autoload logic, so you lost me at preloaded. Also have been away from Elisp for almost a year. If I remove the autoload I get compilation errors in electric.elc or align.elc (from make bootstrap). I might be doing something wrong. How can I test the autoload dependecies without a full make bootstrap? And then there's the problem Noam mentioned in elisp-mode.el. But Noam's patch apparently fixes that, so here's his patch and mine for a quick review from either of you if you don't mind. Tested with 'make bootstrap'. Thanks, João