all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#30625: flyspell-mode from cancelled to canceled...
@ 2018-02-27  7:25 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson
From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson @ 2018-02-27  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 30625

From cancelled to canceled took five iterations:

$ emacs
M-x flyspell-mode
cancelled ESC TAB ESC TAB ESC TAB ESC TAB ESC TAB
Corrections: can celled...
Corrections: can-celled
Corrections: cancel led
Corrections: cancel-led
Corrections: canceled

* bug#30625: flyspell-mode from cancelled to canceled...
@ 2018-02-27 11:26 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2018-02-27 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 30625, jidanni

On February 27, 2018 9:25:19 AM GMT+02:00, "積丹尼 Dan Jacobson" <jidanni@jidanni.org> wrote:
> >From cancelled to canceled took five iterations:
>
> $ emacs
> M-x flyspell-mode
> cancelled ESC TAB ESC TAB ESC TAB ESC TAB ESC TAB
> Corrections: can celled...
> Corrections: can-celled
> Corrections: cancel led
> Corrections: cancel-led
> Corrections: canceled

Switch to a better speller: with Hunspell this takes just one attempt.

We show candidates in the order provided by the speller, so I don't think
this is an Emacs problem.  You can try M-$ to see that order.