Stefan Monnier writes: > The only problematic case would be if adding this paragraph would be > harmful. I went through all minor modes and removed any documentation related to ARG from the docstring that is supplied to `define-minor-mode'. IMHO, I like the change a lot. It removes 500-ish lines of documentation and fixes a lot of docstring that were incorrect. The only problematic modes are those with a large keymaps in the docstring. The argument doc paragraph ends up being outside the visible area on the screen which feels awkward. That said, I'm feel the benefit outweigh this awkwardness. Finally, I touched around 130 .el files. I wasn't sure if the commit message should reflect all those changes, given the change is somewhat systematic.