I guess assoc-delete-all should be announced in NEWS too? Although it looks like it could be replaced with cl-delete instead. > Another thing is that the defcustom default value trick doesn't work as > intended (as far as I understand the intention, at least). > > ;; For backward compatibility check if short y/n answers are preferred. > (defcustom read-answer-short (eq (symbol-function 'yes-or-no-p) 'y-or-n-p) > "If non-nil, accept short answers to the question." > I think we'd want some `auto' setting which would tell read-answer to > look at the yes-or-no-p function value at run time. Here's a patch for that against master (I already included this into the backported patch above).