all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#19244: 24.3; ido-find-file bug
@ 2014-12-01 18:59 Chris Drane
From: Chris Drane @ 2014-12-01 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 19244

 I am experiencing a frustrating bug when trying to load a directory at
point using ido-find-file.

 The line I am working on is:

 (add-to-list 'ac-dictionary-directories
"~/.emacs.d/elpa/auto-complete-20141111.2346/dict")

 Point is within the quotes. I try C-x C-f and instead of opening the
directory (which is a valid one, I have checked repeatedly), it instead
suggests that I open "~/.emacs.d/elpa/cider-20141116.1221/dict"

 I can only guess that it is tripping up on auto-complete's directory for
some reason. I have checked other paths though, and ido finds them properly.

 In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin12.5.0, NS apple-appkit-1187.40)
 of 2014-09-16 on csd
 Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1187
 Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.3'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.3/share/info/emacs'
 '--without-dbus' '--without-gnutls' '--with-ns'
 '--disable-ns-self-contained' 'CC=clang''

 Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

 Major mode: Custom

 Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  override-global-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

 Recent input:
 A RET ESC O C ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O
 A ESC O A ESC O B C-x o q ESC O B ESC O B C-x o ESC
 O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B
 ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC
 O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B
 ESC O A ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O A ESC O D C-a
 RET ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B
 ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC
 O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B
 ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC
 O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B
 ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O A ESC O A ESC
 O A q ESC x r e DEL DEL e DEL r e p o r t - b u DEL
 DEL ESC DEL i d o - r e DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL r e
 p o r t - b DEL RET I D O SPC f i n d - f i l e SPC
 C-g C-h k C-x C-f ESC x RET

 Recent messages:
 "/Users/christopherdrane/.emacs.d/elpa/auto-complete-20141111.2346/auto-complete-config.el"
 nil
 Creating customization items...
 Creating group...
 Creating group entries...done
 Creating customization items ...done
 Resetting customization items...done
 Creating customization setup...done
 Quit
 Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer, C-M-v to scroll
help.

 Load-path shadows:
 None found.

 (shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
 mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail jka-compr
 flymake tramp-cache auto-complete-config auto-complete popup
 auto-complete-autoloads popup-autoloads cus-edit apropos windmove
 paredit-everywhere paredit-everywhere-autoloads ac-js2 ert ewoc debug
 ac-js2-autoloads sgml-mode css-mode skewer-mode cache-table js2-mode
 simple-httpd skewer-mode-autoloads tar-mode cl-macs gv
 simple-httpd-autoloads autoload mail-utils url-http mail-parse rfc2231
 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-cache url-auth url url-proxy
 url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
 mailcap js json cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
 cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs dired-aux dired url-util url-handlers
 browse-url network-stream starttls tls erc-menu erc-join erc-ring
 erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button wid-edit
 erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat
 bookmark pp novice diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-iso image-file
 org-capture org-mks misearch multi-isearch repeat org-archive smex
 tabify mule-util cal-move parse-time vc-git org-indent org-w3m org-wl
 org-vm org-table org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-habit org-jsinfo
 org-infojs org-html org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex
 org-bbdb ffap url-parse url-vars paredit org-clock org-exp ob-exp
 org-exp-blocks org-agenda org ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
 org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
 org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat
 org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
 clojure-mode imenu inf-lisp cl solarized-dark-theme
 solarized-definitions rainbow-delimiters paren eldoc company-files
 company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags company-gtags
 company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-capf company-cmake
 company-ropemacs company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
 company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb
 company-elisp find-func company magit-key-mode magit view tramp
 tramp-compat auth-source eieio gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr
 password-cache tramp-loaddefs shell pcomplete help-mode grep compile
 comint format-spec epa derived epg epg-config diff-mode autorevert
 ansi-color git-rebase-mode thingatpt git-commit-mode log-edit pcvs-util
 add-log two-column ido-ubiquitous byte-opt warnings advice help-fns
 cl-lib advice-preload ido edmacro kmacro use-package diminish bytecomp
 byte-compile cconv bind-key easy-mmode winner ring server iswitchb
 cus-start cus-load cider-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads
 company-autoloads edit-server-autoloads eldoc-eval-autoloads
 guide-key-autoloads heroku-autoloads ido-ubiquitous-autoloads
 js2-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads info easymenu
 git-rebase-mode-autoloads git-commit-mode-autoloads paredit-autoloads
 popwin-autoloads projectile-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads
 dash-autoloads queue-autoloads rainbow-delimiters-autoloads s-autoloads
 smex-autoloads finder-inf use-package-autoloads diminish-autoloads
 bind-key-autoloads package tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
 mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
 tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
 timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
 font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
 thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
 european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
 jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
 cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
 env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
 make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)

* bug#19244: 24.3; ido-find-file bug
@ 2019-08-03 12:53 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2019-08-03 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Drane; +Cc: 19244

Chris Drane <csdrane@gmail.com> writes:

>  I am experiencing a frustrating bug when trying to load a directory at point
> using ido-find-file.
>
>  The line I am working on is:
>
>  (add-to-list 'ac-dictionary-directories
> "~/.emacs.d/elpa/auto-complete-20141111.2346/dict")
>
>  Point is within the quotes. I try C-x C-f and instead of opening the directory
> (which is a valid one, I have checked repeatedly), it instead suggests that I
> open "~/.emacs.d/elpa/cider-20141116.1221/dict"
>
>  I can only guess that it is tripping up on auto-complete's directory for some
> reason. I have checked other paths though, and ido finds them properly.

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately have not received
any responses yet.)

I'm unable to reproduce this bug in Emacs 27.  I installed the
auto-complete package, so I have

~/.emacs.d/elpa/auto-complete-1.4/dict/

If I put point within the quotes here:

(add-to-list 'ac-dictionary-directories
"~/.emacs.d/elpa/auto-complete-1.4/dict")

and say `M-x ido-find-file', I just get the normal ido prompt (starting
from the current directory).

Are you still seeing this problem?

* bug#19244: 24.3; ido-find-file bug
@ 2019-10-14  7:28   ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2019-10-14  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Drane; +Cc: 19244

> I'm unable to reproduce this bug in Emacs 27.  I installed the
> auto-complete package, so I have
>
> ~/.emacs.d/elpa/auto-complete-1.4/dict/
>
> If I put point within the quotes here:
>
> (add-to-list 'ac-dictionary-directories
> "~/.emacs.d/elpa/auto-complete-1.4/dict")
>
> and say `M-x ido-find-file', I just get the normal ido prompt (starting
> from the current directory).
>
> Are you still seeing this problem?

More information was requested some weeks back, but no response was
given, so I'm closing this bug report.  If you're still seeing this
problem, please reopen.