Eric Abrahamsen writes: > martin rudalics writes: > >>> I updated the patch with Martin's suggestion, and am back to running >>> this daily. One thing I noticed is that (in this case in my Gnorb >>> package) running `delete-other-windows' from a Gnus window will now >>> result in one of these: >>> >>> delete-other-windows: Root of atomic window is root window of its frame >>> >>> That error is expected with atomic windows. I can change Gnorb to not >>> use `delete-other-windows' (it shouldn't be using that anyway), but I >>> wonder if that's likely to cause an unacceptable amount of friction with >>> other packages/user code. (While noting that this behavior is off by >>> default.) >> >> You can also specify a function in the 'delete-other-windows' >> parameter of any window involved. One that dissolves atomicity, for >> example. > > Oh, excellent! I don't think I'll actually use that yet -- I'll fix my > own package not to call `delete-other-windows', then ask folks to enable > this feature and watch out for the error, and hopefully bug reports will > show how `delete-other-windows' might be being used in the wild. Then we > can look at how best to implement the d-o-w parameter for Gnus windows. There's the patch as it stands. I'll push in a bit if there's no objection.