all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Graceful Gnus exit on Emacs exit
@ 2020-04-21 18:47 Sergey Organov
From: Sergey Organov @ 2020-04-21 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

Gnus v5.31 doesn't seem to install any hooks at Emacs exit that is unfortunate.

After some digging I came up with the following code in my .gnus.el to
gracefully exit Gnus on Emacs exit:

(defun gnus-exit ()
  "Exit gnus without confirmation and return 't"
  (let ((noninteractive 't)
        (gnus-expert-user 't)
        (gnus-interactive-exit 'quiet))
    (gnus-group-exit) 't))

(add-hook 'kill-emacs-hook 'gnus-exit)

I worry why it ended up being that complex? Is there better way?

Thanks,
-- Sergey