Hello, On Fri 08 Apr 2022 at 10:55pm -04, Stefan Monnier wrote: >> The package does not have a git repository of its own. For several >> reasons I would prefer to keep it that way, and manually sync new >> versions to elpa.git. So I believe what I need to do to elpa.git is add >> the line >> >> ("transient-cycles" :url nil) > > Yes, that basically means that `elpa.git` is the upstream repository. > This is perfectly fine and that's what I do for "my" packages (like > `nadvice.el`, `sml-mode.el`, ...). > >> to elpa-packages, and push a new branch externals/transient-cycles >> containing the single file transient-cycles.el. And then the scripts >> should be able to extract the commentary and changelog. Is that right? > > Yup. Thanks. I wanted to test the docs extraction and found after some digging that 'make build/transient-cycles' was what I wanted. What do you think to the attached patch to README? -- Sean Whitton