Tags: patch Hello Emacs, A couple of things intrigue me in the current introduction of the use-package manual: > This chapter provides instructions and examples for quickly getting > started with use-package. The first thing you need to do is make sure > that ‘use-package’ itself is loaded. To do that, put this at the top of > your init file: > > (require 'use-package) > > The above makes the ‘use-macro’ available for us in the rest of your > init file. In this manual, we say that each call to ‘use-macro’ is a > “declaration”, to highlight the declarative nature of its syntax. — (info "(use-package) Getting Started") (a) I don't think use-package defines anything called "use-macro"; guessing this was supposed to read "‘use-package’ macro" instead? I guess the former could be a shorthand for the latter, but it's not used anywhere else in the manual. (b) AFAICT use-package is autoloaded, so there should be no need for the user to (require 'use-package)? I've made a patch against emacs-29 to simplify this part of the manual according to these hypotheses. I hope they are correct; apologies for the noise if not. (And even if the hypotheses are correct, I hope the patch is OK: the second sentence in this tentative new paragraph feels a bit disconnected from the first to me. Still, I figured it was worth submitting anyway just to validate those hypotheses before racking more of my brain on optimal wording) Thanks. In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-12-26 built on hirondell Repository revision: 2ffe1494e16381cfc7fec95a6a0879f268df3e95 Repository branch: master Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000 System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) Configured using: 'configure --cache-file=/home/peniblec/.cache/emacs/config,src,emacs --with-cairo --with-gconf --with-sqlite3 --with-xinput2'